Friday, January 4, 2008

I am in Israel!

Hello everyone, I am writing from Jerusalem. I have been here for about 5 days and am going to be here for another 2 and a bit weeks. I am sorry that this will have to be short, but I really don't have a lot of time. I will now try to list all the places we have been which we will be hard as we have been to so many different places but I will try. Here they are.

Around the streets of Jerusalem which is very interesting and different.
On Mt. Olives.
The Kidron Valley.
The garden of Gethsemane.
Hezekiah's Tunnel (I didn't actually go in as it was full of water, but I went to it and around it with some others.)
The ruins of the pool of Siloam. (I hope that's how you spell it)
Beth-esda pools.
Bethlehem.
The ruins of the Temple Mount and the Southern Steps.
Lots of other places.

Most of the time we go out on a bus and drive to different places and then walk around it and learn a lot! I have never learnt so much in one week. There are about 43 people in our group, 23 from the Southern Baptist Seminary and all the others are from different places. Some times we go out for a morning and then come in for a five to six hour class. Yes it is a lot of learning. But I really better go as it is late and we have to get up at 5:30 in the morning which is the time we have usually had to get up at in the mornings. But by for now and I will try to write another post soon.


Anna-Marie.

PS: I am sorry there are no photos, I have not had a chance to download them yet. I will try to get some photos on as soon as I can.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

Awesome! It sounds like so much fun!

Anna said...

so fun, Anna-Marie!!:) I'm glad you got to make a post all the way across the world from us!:)

have a blast and keep learning a lot, so you can teach us when you get back!:) can't wait to see your pictures too...

love you lots and lots!! Anna:)

The Gordon Family said...

You did well to update your blog Anna-Marie, we know you have been busy. We all miss you and Dad HEAPS and can't wait till you get home but we are glad that you are having a wonderful time.

Love you

JCRandolph said...

Good for you! Wish I was there :) - kristie