Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm in New Zealand.


Well, you're all probably wondering why I haven't blogged for a long time and the answer is, because I'm in New Zealand. We are here for about 11 weeks, Dads coming for the last 2 weeks after he's finished semester. So we have been lazing in the sun, enjoying being home with all of our extended family.


The plane trip was absolutely horrible, it was way too long. We flew from Louisville to Chicago, which was an hour long, then Chicago to LA which was five hours long. That flight was really hard because five hours is a long time and it was a little plane. Then we had the long flight, 12 hours from LA to Auckland, and the last one from Auckland to Wellington which was only 1 hour.


We have been here for about two weeks already. We came for our Aunty's wedding which was last Sunday. It went really well and everybody had a great time. Matthew was the page boy and Rachel and Joel were on seating people. My cousin and I had to go up to the front and read something out of the bible which we were really nervous about but it went okay.


Grandad has been taking us kids fishing which is something that we all love and Grandad has basically been fishing all his life so he is a a great person to go with. Rachel and I went with him and stayed over night for two nights, and fished for three days. Above is a picture of a 2 pound trout that I caught on a fly rod.


Anyway, we are heading to Hastings tommorrow to visit friends.

1 comment:

Rebecca Elves said...

I didn't know you guys were going to New Zealand until you had already left! I'm glad you can spend some time back home. Have fun!